– Nambour General Hospital is the major referral hospital within the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service with a continual expansion of its services and capacity.â€‹
– The cardiac catheterisation laboratory allows public patients requiring intervention for cardiac conditions to access the service locally, rather than having to be admitted to a Brisbane hospital.â€‹
– A new dedicated endoscopy procedural unit has significantly reduced waiting times for these procedures and enhanced patient experiences by using the latest models of care and technologyâ€”3000 more endoscopic procedures a year since the opening of new procedural suites.
– Through partnership with the private sector a sustainable radiation oncology service has been implemented for public patients on the Sunshine Coast.
– The Nambour General Hospital’s Emergency Department provides services to more than 45,000 patients per year.â€‹
For more information, please visit the Queensland Health Site